40th Anniversary Masquerade and Costume Party Fundraiser
Madame Corvidae beckons your presence
at the Masquerade & Soirée Spectacular
Join us on Saturday November 19, from 3:30 to 8 o’clock pm at
The Bird Rescue Center
3430 Chanate Road in Santa Rosa
for a Crepuscular Costumed Benefit Fundraiser
in the spirit of Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven
TICKET SALES HAVE ENDED
An Evening of Titillating & Rousing Explorations of the Mysterious, the Macabre, the Wingedly Salacious & Occasionally Risqué Realm of Birds.
Revel at our Poe-themed masquerade party, which raises much-needed funds for the care and medical treatment of injured, sick or orphaned wild native birds, and the restoration of these winged creatures back to the wild — verily, a great time for a good cause!
Enjoy bountiful food and libations, both complimentary and for purchase.
Those attending in costume are welcome, nay, encouraged to enter our contest for best mask or costume (details and costume ideas will be on our website).
Prepare to be:
- Entertained while helping save wild birds!
- Thrilled by rare, darkening dusk-time, face-to-face encounters with live Owls, Hawks, Vultures and other Beaked and Taloned Spectres;
- Awed by avian-themed art;
- Entertained by tales of ornithological oddities, avian anecdotes, and a reading of Edgar Allan Poe’s poem The Raven;
- Guided on a brief historical tour of the ruins of the 19th-Century County Hospital and Morgue where our Center now stands;
- Amazed by graphic workshops on raptor anatomy;
- Fascinated by our avian egg, bone and taxidermy collections;
- Astounded by activities and mysterious natural history specimens provided by Sonoma State University’s Biodiversity Outreach students; and
- Exhilarated by stunning belly dance performances by the Rouge Dance Company!
Costume Awards for
- Best Bird
- Most Corvidly (a real raven or crow might ask you to join the flock)
- Most In the Spirit of Edgar Allan Poe
- Most Creative Mask
Other costume ideas: Dust off that Victorian costume or showcase your Gothic or Steam Punk alter-egos.